Every new mobile phone in the market comes with GPS system installed in it. The best cell phones or the cheap cell phone must have this GPS systems app.There are many app developers for hire in order to increase the reliability of this mobile application. The present GPS systems which we are using is a US based developed mobile application.This American GPS system is used to get an accurate time and position any where on or nearer to earth.
Indian Space Research Organisation developed an autonomous regional satellite navigation system.Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), has made the country close to having its own navigation satellite.
IRNSS . GPS system by India
- This GPS system is launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- The navigation system data is used in cars, ships,aircrafts and GPS trackers as well.
- This GPS system is similar to the American GPS system which has 24 satellites.
- Along with America and India there are countires like Russia, Europe and China who are having their own GPS sytems with 24,27 and 35 satellites respectively.
- It is reported that IRNSS is having 7 satellites among them four are already placed in the orbit.
- According to the reports it is stated that these GPS systems provide two services i.e standard positioning service and restricted service.
- The Standard Positioning service is provide to all the user but whereas the Restricted service is only for authenticated persons.
- IRNSS-1A, IRNSS-1B, IRNSS-1C and IRNSS-1D,these are the satellites which are already placed in the orbit.
- The seventh satellite was launched in 2015 and was placed in 2016.
- The services are to be offered from the mid of the year 2017.
G. Satheesh Reddy, scientific adviser to the defence minister, at the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) User Meet 2015 stated that, “We have to keep one thing in mind, we always have GPS and GLONASS which are available worldwide we need to compete with them in commercialization,” in short, he prompted that Indians should demand for INRSS locationing chip in their mobile phones, even though GPS is now the worldwide standard.
This could be the first program by India to promote its “Make in India” statement.